Sunday 20 September 2009

Cool aquarium videos on Youtube - The Nature Aquarium by Amano



These two videos are great. The first is by Takashi Amano, the Guru behind the Nature Aquarium. I am really inspired by his great works of art, and try to bring as much of his insights and teachings into my aquascaping... I have to admit that dragging around big pieces of wood, meter long roots, and 80 pound pieces of stone feels different than his elegant aquascaping. In his books he has several examples of planted aquaria in which he keeps Discus fish. I would not recommend releasing an Amphilophus chancho or amarillo into one of his creations, but do recommend to have a look at his books. His books are expensive, but I have never seen more beautiful and high quality aquarium books. If you click on the image below you can read more about the Nature Aquarium World by Mr Amano.


The building and aquascaping of a fantastic, LARGE, Amano tank:


Video of Mr Amano feeding Pterophylum altum / Angel fish:


Another cool video I came accross, features one of the biggest public aquariums in the world, in Japan, the Kuroshio Sea:

No comments:

Post a Comment